Power Training in Football presents the science behind effective power training for football players.
Are your football players using power training effectively? What’s the best way to incorporate power training into your training schedule? How can you help your players avoid injuries through power training?
When used correctly, power training can help your players run faster, jump higher, shoot harder, accelerate better and change direction more rapidly. Power training is less complicated than you may think and bring major improvements.
In this book, two world-renowned experts explain the science behind effective power training for football players. Then they give you practical guidelines and examples of how to design a power training program, including a description of simple exercise. They explain:
- the adaptations that occur in the body through power training
- the three types of power training and when and how to use them
- how to analyse and evaluate a player’s capacity
- how power training can prevent injuries and assist in rehabilitation after injury
- power training for young players
- how to incorporate appropriate power training into daily routines throughout the training year
Authors: Jens Bangsbo and Jesper L. Andersen