As most clubs around the world have stopped collective training due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have decided to organize a series of webinars focusing on topics that could be relevant to every coach in these peculiar times.
“Training at home – how to keep yourself fit for soccer”
- The effect of inactivity.
- Focus on aerobic moderate- and high-intensity training, prevention and strength training.
- The scenario is that the players are four weeks away from a competitive match.
- Relevant for players training 3-5 times per week.
- A number of exercises within the three categories (aerobic training, prevention and strength) will be provided.
- A training program for that specific week (-4 weeks) will be presented.
- Concrete advice on exercises and training program.
“Return to play – preparing for the season”
- The scenario is that players will be given three weeks of preparation before the first competitive match.
- Players will be training 3-5 times per week (+ one power session).
- Focus on testing, prehab, aerobic high-intensity training and speed endurance training.
- We will provide examples within the three training categories with a complete example of the final week of the period that leads to the first competitive match.
“Improved performance by intensified training during the season”
- Focus on testing, anaerobic training and aerobic high-intensity training, prevention and power.
- We will present a number of exercises within the four training categories, and we will present a training program for a week within the season.
- Cconcrete advice on exercises and training program.
About the hosts:
Jens Bangsbo: Jens is a UEFA pro-license coach, and UEFA, AFC and FIFA instructor as well as professor at the University of Copenhagen, Denmark. Jens is currently Assistant Coach for Gian Piero Gasperini at Atalanta B.C. He is a former Assistant Coach at Juventus FC (1999-2004) and since then, he has worked at AEK Athens, Antalyaspor and the Danish National Team. His ability to translate scientific knowledge into practice is widely respected all over the world.
Casper Skovgaard: Casper did his PhD in collaboration with Team Danmark, the Danish elite sports organization. Casper has been working as Head of Strength and Conditioning at the Academy at FC Nordsjælland as well as a number of Danish clubs. He is currently with Lyngby BK in the Danish Premier division. He was Head of Strength and Conditioning at Antalyaspor in the Turkish Süperlig before founding SoccerFitness with Jens