We are happy that so many of you have joined our live webinars and for contributing to great sessions with your questions.
- “Power Training in Soccer”When used correctly, power training can help your players run faster, jump higher, shoot harder, accelerate better and change direction more rapidly. Power training is less complicated than you may think, and can bring major improvements.In this webinar, our experts explain the science behind effective power training for soccer players. They provide practical guidelines and examples on how to design a power training program.Among other topics, we discuss how to benefit the most from power training; what is the best way to incorporate power training into your training schedule; how can you help your players avoid injuries through power training.The webinar consist of a presentation (90 min) and a Q/A session (15 min).About the presenter Jesper L. Andersen:
Jesper L. Andersen is Associate Professor and Head of the laboratory at Institute of Sports Medicine Copenhagen, Denmark. He is mainly working in the field of muscle physiology and power training, and he has written more than 100 scientific articles.
He is a former National Coach for the Danish Track and Field Sprint Relay Team. He has for 13 years been the Strength Training Coach and Fitness Consultant of FC Copenhagen, winning nine national championships and regular participating in the UEFA Champions League. He is currently Fitness Consultant for the first team of Brøndby IF. He is Instructor for FIFA and the Danish FA, teaching among other courses at the UEFA Pro-license level. He has recently published the book “Power Training in Football – a Scientific and Practical Approach” together with Jens Bangsbo.
“Fitness Testing to Improve Performance in Soccer”
- Testing is a useful tool to improve the quality of training and performance of soccer players. Independent of age, sex and playing level, testing creates awareness and motivation to do more training.
- The physical demands in soccer are complex, ranging from the high power needed in single actions such as shooting at goal, to the endurance needed to perform at a high level also at the end of the match.
- The webinar covers tests of all the important aspects of physical performance in soccer, and consists of a presentation (60) and a Q/A session (15 min).
- About the hosts:
- Jens Bangsbo: Jens is a UEFA pro-license coach, and UEFA, AFC and FIFA instructor as well as professor at the University of Copenhagen, Denmark. Jens is currently Assistant Coach for Gian Piero Gasperini at Atalanta B.C. He is a former Assistant Coach at Juventus FC (1999-2004) and since then, he has worked at AEK Athens, Antalyaspor and the Danish National Team. His ability to translate scientific knowledge into practice is widely respected all over the world.
- Casper Skovgaard: Casper did his PhD in collaboration with Team Danmark, the Danish elite sports organization. Casper has been working as Head of Strength and Conditioning at the Academy at FC Nordsjælland as well as a number of Danish clubs. He is currently with Lyngby BK in the Danish Premier division. He was Head of Strength and Conditioning at Antalyaspor in the Turkish Süperlig before founding SoccerFitness with Jens